[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk tomorrow!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 05:27:07 EDT 2010

Hi All,

This week the tea talk will take the form of a lab-wide discussion of
our future ... code-wise. Hope to see you there.

When: Thursday Sept. 2nd, 14h30 - 15h30 (Tomorrow)
Where: LISA Lab.

Title/Abstract:

Brainstorming on the future of shared machine learning code on top of Theano

The objective is to hear every one that has some opinion on this
subject, mostly people who
have designed or thought about learning frameworks on top of Theano, or
people who know about other machine learning libraries from which we
could learn something.
There are those that lean towards a well-organized *library* defining
functional types
(such as types of datasets, of learners, of optimizers, of performance
statistics, etc.) and
those that believe that a more organic sharing of pieces of code would
work better.
But if we are going to share code and make it easy to REUSE pieces already
written by others, we have to start agreeing on conventions and
protocols, at least,
for the various kinds of pieces one may find in this repository, which
would become
the successor of Pylearn.

Cheers,
Aaron