[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Tomorrow!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:17:37 EST 2010

Hi All,

Tomorrow we will hear about recent (actually ongoing) work of Antoine
Bordes, jointly with Jason Weston and Ronan Collobert. Hope to see you
all there.

When: November 11th 2010 @ 14h30
Where: LISA Lab (AA3256)

Title and Abstract:

How to embed any symbolic knowledge-base into a meaningful vector
representation.
-----------------
Since the 18th century and the first "Encyclopedie" of Diderot and
D'Alembert, one has always wanted to group, organize, and classify
knowledge. Recent developments of this trend concern the building of
knowledge bases (KB) which are special kinds of relational database
for knowledge management, collection, and retrieval. Examples of such
KB involve Cyc, Freebase or WordNet.
Even though these KB encompass colossal quantities of information,
accessing or manipulating it can sometimes be complicated due to the
limitations and rigidity of their underlying symbolic framework.
In this talk, we present some preliminary work on how to embed these
symbolic representations into a more flexible and complete continuous
vector space in which the original knowledge is kept and enhanced. We
illustrate this method on WordNet and sub-parts of Freebase.

Cheers,
Aaron

--
Aaron C. Courville