[gambit-list] Character encoding and the repl

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jun 19 16:16:29 EDT 2015

I am more interested in the -:tA case.  From what I can see, your ü is being passed as 2 bytes, and is returned as 2 bytes (in this case, 2 characters), and it is the console that is interpreting this 2 byte sequence and showing a ü on the terminal.  So it seems to be correct, but in fact it is not.  I just want to make sure I understand this before trying to find a solution to your problem.  This confusion seems to be exactly what Mikael More was trying to avoid by forcing escapes on any characters <= 127.

Marc