[gambit-list] Truck-Factor by mtov

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 23 15:12:03 EDT 2015

On 07/23/2015 02:53 PM, Adam wrote:

> Brad, Gambit's present sources are incredibly fun.

I agree.

> You don't need to add code for making increasing the "truck factor"
> realistic. Maybe adding comments and documentation though.

Yeah, that would be good.  I should have mentioned it.  People could
start with with easier things like _std.scm before attempting to conquer
_io.scm, for example.

> At ~200klocs, its sourcecode is short enough for people to be able to
> grasp it too so it's realistic - fantastic.

It's 200kloc of macro-heavy, dense code.  I agree, in many ways it is
beautiful (especially the way Marc uses macros to avoid rewriting code),
but it will require some study.

Brad