[gambit-list] Adjusting ##include path

Axis Sivitz aosivitz at gmail.com
Fri May 2 18:23:31 EDT 2014

I’m trying to create a build system with clear separation between the
layers of my projects. My problem is that I can’t find an easy way to
include headers from a dependency library.

(Longer explanation…)

My work is laid out like this:

engine/
______engine.scm
______engine#.scm
project1/
______ios-game1/
______android-game1/
______game1/
____________game1.scm
____________game1#.scm
project2/
______ios-game2/
______android-game2/
______game2/
____________game2.scm
____________game2#.scm

I want to build the engine project into libengine.a, and each of my games
into their own library, i.e. libgame1.a and libgame2.a.
Then to make an iOS build for game1, for example, I link in libengine.a and
libgame1.a

My problem is that, because I’m using namespaces, I need to include the
#.scm header files from my engine into the game. Something like…

; game1.scm
(##include “engine/engine#.scm”)

However, the ##include directive only searches relative to the current
file, so my build of libgame1.a fails. There doesn’t seem to be any way to
specify an include path to look in.

Is there a possible solution? Or, if not, does it make sense to build one
into Gambit? A gsc flag would work great for my purposes.

Thanks,
Axis