[gambit-list] object->u8vector as tree shaker?

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Mon Apr 21 16:02:14 EDT 2014

On 04/19/2014 10:59 PM, Marc Feeley wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2014, at 10:22 PM, Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
>> On 04/19/2014 10:08 PM, Marc Feeley wrote:
>>
> What is it you expect from a tree-shaker?

That's interesting, but I was thinking more of a runtime thing. E.g.,
load a bunch of compiled libraries, the Gambit run-time system (of
course), the files (either compiled or interpreted) specific to my
project, with a call to (main), and then have

(object->u8vector main)

output all the current globals, etc., that can be called by running
main, so that calling u8vector->object would give you a runnable object
with minimal overhead.

Perhaps it's impossible, now that I think about it.

Brad