[gambit-list] environment variables

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Thu Jan 17 20:03:06 EST 2013

After downloading -devel (1).tgz, untarring, and then installing gambit using

./configure --enable-c-opt --enable-single-host --enable-gcc-opts --enable-multiple-versions --enable-shared
make
make check
sudo make install

I then ran

gsi

and got the message

gsi: error while loading shared libraries: libgambcgsi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Evidently something's wrong with the environment variables or the way the
--enable-shared option works.

Now I can proceed to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH and such,
but it sems to me that this sgold be done automatically, or at least documented,
somewhere in the INSTALL.txt file, at least for the default installation.

Incidentally, what worked was

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Gambit-C/current/lib/
gsi

so you odn't need to tell me that.

Or did I mess where that was specified?

-- hendrik