[gambit-list] Problem with interactive development using remote REPL of iOS Sim.

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Feb 28 14:36:11 EST 2013

On 2013-02-28, at 10:59 AM, Jason Felice <jason.m.felice at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking about this thread and my project, and it has re-energized me to put some time in.  I'm hoping this evening I will have that time to put in.
>
> Some things which I've concluded:
>
> 1. The dependency on libffi is fine for all platforms I know of except for iOS on the native device.  I'll investigate using libffi for most platforms and special-case ARM support.  If feasible (I expect it will be), that should remove a boat load of code.
> 2. I'll make it not require black hole.

Couldn't we use Mike Evins' idea of parsing the BridgeSupport files and generating specific FFI code which covers all the available methods?  This approach would be completely portable.

To avoid code bloat, we could rely on an "import" declaration which indicates which of the methods we actually need (perhaps inferred from a static program analysis).