[gambit-list] sxml>>xml layout question.

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Jan 24 17:56:32 EST 2012

Well I got Blackhole to work though I'll still be posting a few
suggestions and questions later.  I used it to import and use sxml>>xml
successfully.

It gives me output like

     ><P
     >P5There seems to be nothing to say. <S />After a while he stammers,
"Oh, I'm sorry," to fill the silence.</P
    ><P
     >P3</P

instead of the more conventional

     <P>
     P5There seems to be nothing to say. <S/>After a while he stammers,
"Oh, I'm sorry," to fill the silence.</P>
     <P>
     P3</P>

Is there a technical reason to have the '>' after the newline and the
indentation layout instead of before them?  Or is this just the way it
happened to get coded?

(Don't worry about the P5There and such -- my application put them there
by mistake and I'll be dealing with them myself)

-- hendrik