[gambit-list] current-object-file

Per Eckerdal per.eckerdal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 07:55:57 EDT 2009

> There is also another area where this procedure doesn't model exactly
> what Gambit does. Gambit will load the highest number in a
> *contiguous*
> range  starting from 1. I.e. if there are versions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
> it'll
> load 5. But if you have a "hole" in the numbers, e.g. if you remove
> version 3, Gambit'll load 2 as the latest version and create 3 if you
> compile again. However at this point, if you havent deleted versions 4
> and 5, it'll load 5, not 3! :-) So don't make holes in the version
> list. :-)

Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting.

(About the double load issue and that I said it's an OS limitation:
I'm not 100% sure about that. I think there has been some discussion
about that on list earlier. But the exception is an os-exception,
which is a pain because there is no easy way that I know of to tell
the difference between double load and other problems.)

/Per