[gambit-list] GUIDE support in Gambit 4.4.2

Thomas Chust chust at web.de
Tue Apr 21 14:09:20 EDT 2009

Hello,

compiling and installing Gambit 4.4.2 from the release tarball works
fine on my ix86 Linux system as long as I don't pass --enable-guide to
the configure script.

If I do, the compilation never even really starts because the makefile
generated in lib/ changes the working directory out of the build tree
to my home directory and tries to invoke `make all` there, which of
course fails -- probably some variable in the makefile is not properly
set up and results in a `cd` without parameters being executed.

I wonder whether compiling Gambit with GUIDE enabled is supposed to
work at all with the released sources and what I may be doing wrong
since the configure script doesn't give me any hint that something
necessary for building GUIDE isn't found :-(

cu,
Thomas