[gambit-list] Qwaq releases Hydra multi-core Squeak VM « The

Jeff Read bitwize at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:04:31 EST 2008

Brad,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu> wrote:

>  There's currently a lot of interest in education and in funding
>  agencies for multi-core programming strategies; here's another
>  implementation.  Gambit may be good for this.

The Hydra VM seems to work, if I read the description right, by
running a separate Squeak image on each core.

This is not the multicore solution we are looking for.

You are right, though; programming for multicore CPUs is becoming
increasingly important and support for it should be a design goal for
Gambit.

--Jeff