[gambit-list] Web Framework for Gambit

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Nov 2 00:06:11 EDT 2007

On 1-Nov-07, at 12:18 PM, Rouan van Dalen wrote:

> I am looking to build a web framework on the same level as Rails,
> only I want to be programming in Scheme.

May I suggest the name "Scheme on skis"?

> So I need 2 questions answered:
>
> 1) Is there any interest in something like this?

For sure.  Many people have rolled their own incomplete solutions (aka
hacks).  Perhaps you can distill something more complete by examining
those solutions.  I can contribute my Scheme to Javascript compiler.
There is also the Mobit interpreter which could prove useful here.

> 2) Does MySQL5 bindings exist for Gambit? (if not I will gladly
> write them)

I seem to remember someone contributed MySQL bindings to the mailing
list at some point.