[gambit-list] Gambit.h error

MichaelL at frogware.com MichaelL at frogware.com
Fri May 13 22:25:52 EDT 2005

On Windows, ___USE_LABEL_VALUES isn't defined. If you read through the
code you can see an #ifdef at line 3115 and the #else at line 3167. Just
after the "else" you can see that ___BEGIN_SW is #defined, and that it
references ___REGISTER_HOST_ENTRY. The problem is that
___REGISTER_HOST_ENTRY isn't ever #defined along this code path.

One solution--the one I used--is to add

        #define ___REGISTER_HOST_ENTRY

at line 3176. The other (and probably better) option, I think, is to
remove ___REGISTER_HOST_ENTRY from the __BEGIN_SW #define.

I'm trying to compile Gambit under Visual Studio. Would you be interested
in the solution (.sln) files since the existing project files are pretty
old?